Tuesday, May 01, 2007

My mother : Ibuku

After writing bout something heavy, i ought to write about something light like my mom!!

My mother's name is Siti Awa bt. Abdul Jalil. She was born on January 18th, 1952 making her 55 years up to date. She is 30 years older than i am and works as a housewife after retiring at 49 years old.

My mother comes from a large family of 9 siblings. She is the second child. Being the second oldest girl in the family, she would take care of her younger brothers and sisters. She would go help grandmother at the paddy field or rubber plantation. they were not a rich family. Although life was hard she managed to take SPM in 1969. After that she went to IKM (Institut Kemahiran Mara) to pursue a course in architecture. Right after, she was offered a job at Ijaz Kasturi in Kuala Lumpur. After working there for one year, she changed job to work at Urban Development Authoriy(UDA). She finally settled to work at UDA for 29 years old and retired at the age 49.

From my point of view, my mother has a lot of strengths. She is a devoted muslim. She would pray on time and would recite the Quran druing day and night. She would do night prayers almost every night. She would go and seek knowledge in Islam from the scholars around our neighbourhood. She is also a very responsible mother. She cooks, do laundry and cleans the house everyday. She is also very picky on food. She would choose where to eat carefully, knowing which restaurant cater clean and halal food.

I asked her what her likes and dislikes. She answered that she likes physical activity such as walking at the park, cooking and sewing. She tells me that she only dislikes one thing; going to the movies. I look up on my mother as a caring mother. My mother in a very important person in my life and i love her for what she is.

2 comments:

Taichee~@! said...

halo En. Adam!

hehehe..rupenye you live nearby me house!!

ehehe..
bila we can smash each other heads?

catcha later n thanks fer visiting!
i'll link u up

Adam Burn said...

where at la? you always do taichee ke? i never saw you what....