Thursday, October 18, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya...!

Selamat Hari Raya, maaf zahir dan batin. Its all about the wishes, or is it? Whats all Raya about?



From my childhoood days, raya meant going back to kampung. 'Balik kampung' they say it. I would sang that song by Sudirman all the way back to kampung. Then at kampung, we would all prepare for the big day. For me, it was all bout playing 'bunga api' and hide and seek with my cousins. Baju melayu or 'baju raya' have all been prepared during the fasting month of Ramadhan. Then on the day of Raya, we would all be praying together at the mosque and visiting each other at kampung.



As i grew bigger, raya meant a lot more different. I learnt how to miss my family. I learnt how to beg for forgiveness from the person i made mistakes to, and i learnt that raya is not all about fun. There are lots of people who can't celebrate raya in an enjoyable manner. Take example this year my best friend can't celebrate raya because his house was hit by flood.



So, thats what raya meant for me; what bout you?

1 comment:

yazrie said...

very nice written...keep it up!